2020 has shown us more twists and turns than we could have ever imagined. With the COVID-19 pandemic, many have experienced unemployment and financial instability. There are talks of a second stimulus check in the works, but no one knows for certain when or if that will happen. And even if we do get a second relief check, it probably won’t cover all of the financial losses that COVID-19 has cost many of us. So, how can you save money during a global pandemic?
Ideally, everyone would have a savings account that would come in handy for times just like these. However, that’s not the case for many. So, how can you cover your bills if funds are low? You have to figure out some creative ways to cut costs, and the bankruptcy lawyers at Craft Law Offices are here to help you with some ideas to do just that:
- One upside of this pandemic is that it has forced people to think of new (and often free) ways to spend their time. Use this time to get creative with your entertainment. Instead of eating out, pick up a pizza at the grocery store and have a game night with the family. Go for a hike or have a movie marathon on the weekends.
- If you do receive a stimulus check, use it to pay bills and set aside any that is left over. It might be tempting to go on a shopping spree when that check hits your bank account, but it’s important to use it for the necessities during times like these.
- Why not use this time to start your own little garden? With most of us spending more time than ever at home, you can work on a kitchen garden in your own backyard, complete with herbs, vegetables, and fruits. Not only will this give you something to do, it can also help you save money on groceries in the long run.
- Now is also a great time to start a budget. Once you figure out where your money is going each month, it’s easier to find ways to trim edges and save in unexpected ways.
- When you go grocery shopping, you can save money by buying items in bulk. For food, you can make meals in advance and freeze what’s leftover for another time. Not only will this help you save money, it will also help cut down on your trips to the grocery store.
- With many people spending more time in their homes than ever before, it’s no surprise that utility bills are skyrocketing. You can save money on your utility bills in simple ways. For example, utilize natural light in your home to reduce your electricity usage, or turn on a ceiling fan to cool down a room instead of cranking up the AC.
If you’re looking for a bankruptcy lawyer during these stressful financial times, give us a call at Craft Law Offices in Greenville, NC today, and don’t forget to check out our Facebook page!