Craft Law Offices are bankruptcy attorneys serving Eastern North Carolina, including Washington, NC. We specialize in traffic law, underage drinking citations, and assisting you during the bankruptcy process. It is our philosophy to make your bankruptcy experience as stress-free as possible.
With Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner, our calendars become full with parties and gatherings. Although it can be a time of joy for many, it can also be a time of stress for those of us whose wallets are already stretched for cash.
Between buying groceries and gifts, paying for holiday travel, and taking time off of work, the holidays can really put a strain on your budget. So, here are some tips from Money Crashers to help you celebrate the holidays without breaking the bank:
- Make a budget that includes all of your likely holiday expenses like gifts, grocery, travel, and charitable donations. Stick to your budget as closely as you can.
- Once you have a budget set up, track what you actually spend on the holidays. You can make a spreadsheet or hold onto your receipts to help you keep up with your expenses.
- If you have a big family, the “Secret Santa” gift-giving method can be a great idea. This way, everyone is sure to get a present, but it keeps you from having to buy multiple gifts for all of your family members.
- If you are hosting a holiday event for friends or family, don’t hesitate to make it a potluck. That way, everyone can bring their favorite dish, and you can save on groceries.
- Create family traditions that are budget friendly. For example, you can go for a spin around the neighborhood to see Christmas lights, or stay at home and bake cookies.
This holiday season, don’t let the cost of celebrating get you down. On the other hand, don’t get carried away and wind up with a big credit card bill that stays even after the season is over. Instead, budget and plan, and you can still have a good time without breaking the break.
For all of your legal financial needs, contact us at Craft Law Offices in Washington, NC. We are your first and final choice for bankruptcy attorneys in Eastern North Carolina.