Craft Law Offices are bankruptcy attorneys serving Eastern North Carolina, including Wilson, NC. We specialize in traffic law, underage drinking citations, and assisting you during the bankruptcy process. It is our philosophy to make your bankruptcy experience as stress-free as possible.
As attorneys in Eastern NC, we specialize in traffic law. Our clients often ask us to represent them in court after they have gotten a ticket for a traffic violation such as speeding or texting while driving.
When people think of dangerous or reckless driving, they often think of drunk driving, speeding, or texting and driving. However, driving while being sleep-deprived can be as risky as all of these behaviors. In fact, driving in this state has very similar effects on a driver like drinking and driving does.
Here are some facts about drowsy driving from sleep.org and the CDC:
- If you drive after being awake for 18 hours straight, it is like you are driving with the equivalent of a blood alcohol level of .05. 24 hours with no sleep, is like driving with a .10, which is above the legal alcohol limit.
- Like drunk driving, drowsy driving affects your ability to pay attention to the task as hand as well as to respond quickly to various scenarios. This can cause you to swerve off of the road or to not brake quickly enough.
- According to the CDC, drowsy driving results in up to 6,000 fatal crashes each year.
- If you know that you have not had sleep in a long period of time, ask someone else to drive or get some good rest before you set out on the road.
- Also, be aware of the effects of medications on you. If you are taking something that can cause drowsiness, refrain from driving.
At Craft Law Offices, we are bankruptcy and traffic law attorneys serving Wilson, NC. Contact us today for a free consultation.